Amenities Mins. August 2023

AmenitiesMinutes Uploaded on August 11, 2023





Cllr David Palethorpe (DP)

Cllr Dave Burnham (DB)

Cllr Stephen Latter (SL)

Cllr Bill Jerwood (BJ)

Cllr Jon Ranjit (JR)


The meeting opened at 19:00 hours


  1. The Chairman will open the Meeting and receive apologies.

Apologies received from:

Cllr Roger Carnell (RC)-Chair


  1. To declare any interests arising at this meeting and to consider any dispensation requests relating to this meeting.

No interests were declared.


  1. The Council will adjourn for the following items:

Public Question Time: A period of 10 minutes will be allowed for members of the public to ask questions or make comment regarding the work of the Council or other items that affect Ipplepen


  1. The Council convened to conduct the following business:


  1. Skate Park removal 17th July, update

JR advised that they were awaiting appropriate weather conditions during which the works can be carried out to make the area safe. Work in progress

  1. Resin repair for swing surface

BJ advised that he would source resin/rubber materials for repairs

  1. Mill Centre re-surfacing 23rd August, update

DB liaising with the contractor for resurfacing works to be carried out on 23 August thereby minimising any inconvenience to the Saplings Pre-school during the school holiday period.



  1. Football goal posts-replacement goal post to be soured for Recreation Ground.

DB advised that he has provided a cost comparison to Cat for onward forwarding to all members of the Parish Council for review and approval of spend at next full PC Meeting on Tuesday 5 September

  1. Re roofing of Tremlett Rd toilet block and scaffolding, (contractors will notify us of start date)

DP advised that we are awaiting confirmation of start date from contractor

  1. Park signage, update

DB provided details of proposed signage for use in the Recreation Ground during periods of grass cutting and maintenance works. Signs to be positioned at all three points of entry to restrict access and warn members of the public that grass cutting works are taking place. DB to liaise further and instruct local sign supplier to produce three signs in A3 size with appropriate attachments to hang on entry gates.

  1. Bowden Rd bench

Amenities Committee with liaise with Cllr Roger Carnell when available

  1. Park toilet repairs, e.g., toilet seats, soap dispensers, etc

DP advised that various items were damaged in the ladies toilets during Ipple Tipple. All repairs have been completed and replacement items have been installed.

DP advised that repairs were required to the timber boxing-in that surrounds the SVP in the toilet. DP to investigate and liaise with potential contractor

  1. Bowling club hedge

DP advised hedge cut completed

  1. Allotment plot numbers

BJ advised that he would look on Amazon/ Ebay to obtain replacement plot number discs

  1. Ippleplant Report- represented by Mabel Harris (MH)


  • MH advised that all organised walks had now finished
  • Sunday stall in the park -Questionnaire was opened up to public but MH advised that they were a bit disappointed with attendance. Looking for other ideas on how to gauge opinions and ideas from general public on what ecological projects and activities that they would like to see promoted in the village
  • 9 Sept Tree Care day-time TBC. PC will dispose of any waste i.e tree guards etc if not recyclable




  • Allotment Public Open Space (POS)-DP advised that he would liaise with Simon Birbeck re variation to the existing parish grounds maintenance contract to extend to carrying out works to cut the POS area at the allotments and bramble reduction in September


  1. To note the date of the next meeting: Tuesday 12th September 2023



There being no further business the meeting closed at: 19:37 hrs