AMENITIES COMMITTEE MINUTES OF IPPLEPEN PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY 10 JANUARY 2023
Cllr R Carnell (RC)-Chair
Cllr D Palethorpe (DP)
Cllr D Burnham (DB)
Cllr B Jerwood (BJ)
The meeting opened at 19:02 hours
- The Chairman will open the Meeting and receive apologies.
Apologies received from Cllr Ranjit (JR)
- To declare any interests arising at this meeting and to consider any dispensation requests relating to this meeting.
No interests were declared.
- The Council will adjourn for the following items:
Public Question Time: A period of 10 minutes will be allowed for members of the public to ask questions or make comment regarding the work of the Council or other items that affect Ipplepen
- The Council will convene to conduct the following business:
- Consideration given to renewing railings and steps at Clampitt Rd toilets to avoid anyone exiting into the path of a car.
Agreed by full PC and quotation being raised.
- Allotment water supply.
In hand to be carried out during Springtime
- Allotment fence and kissing gate.
Simon Birbeck has advised that he can carryout the works now during his quiet period
- Earthing mat for the park electric supply.
Kevern Mortimore attended in capacity as rep for Cottage Garden society and other village groups to advise. Map of field provided to demonstrate potential location of new powerpoints in park. RC advised him to obtain quotations for consideration. Potential of costs to be divided between PC and all community groups that will benefit from the installation
- Report from Snow Warden – need any salt in bins etc?
RC read JR report -Firstly I would like to thank all of you who helped out with gritting duties during the cold snap we experienced a few weeks ago. I would say the only issue with the pavement gritting was damp grit but I can’t imagine anything can be done about that as it’s obviously damp when bagged up.
As for grit boxes. I personally haven’t had the time to go round and check them to see if top up are required and to my knowledge I haven’t heard anything from anyone on reporting an empty box.
Damp grit reported as small issue. JR will check salt bins
- f) Tree Planting – IpplePlanet.
DP advised successful distribution of trees at event held on 8 January 2023.Thanks have been received by email from IpplePlanet
- RC advised –new door required on disabled toilet in park. Quotation being obtained
- Reminder of Football Club inspection 10:30 Saturday 14th January
- Tree overhanging garden adjacent to Tremlett play park needs reducing after complaint from neighbour. DP to liaise with Nick Courtier
- To note the date of the next meeting: Tuesday 14th February 2023.
There being no further business the meeting closed at: 19:40 hrs