Amenities Mins February 2023

AmenitiesMinutes Uploaded on February 21, 2023




Cllr R Carnell (RC)-Chair

Cllr D Palethorpe (DP)

Cllr D Burnham (DB)

Cllr B Jerwood (BJ)


The meeting opened at 19:00 hours


  1. The Chairman will open the Meeting and receive apologies.

No apologies received.


  1. To declare any interests arising at this meeting and to consider any dispensation requests relating to this meeting.

No interests were declared.


  1. The Council will adjourn for the following items:

Public Question Time: A period of 10 minutes will be allowed for members of the public to ask questions or make comment regarding the work of the Council or other items that affect Ipplepen


Mrs Mabel Harris attended to represent IpplePlanet. Spoke briefly about current initiatives and new role of Wildlife Warden for which both Mabel and Ruth Slade had recently been appointed.

Mabel advised that their works and activities were now covered under Action Climate Teignbridge insurance policy.

Tree Care Day proposed for Sept 9th-to be confirmed


  1. The Council will convene to conduct the following business:


  1. Update on new steps /railing at Clampit Rd toilets, and the need for refurbishment/decoration work.

RC advised that new steps are in hand, however refurb and decorations are not, but needs to be considered .


  1. Set a date for the new allotment water supply to commence.

DB to liaise with JR. Works to be completed before Easter


  1. Progress new electric supplies in the Park.

Meeting held with National Grid. Location for distribution box agreed. IPPC required to supply box. Additional cables to be installed from thereon. Separate meter to be installed for other village organisations to utilise.


  1. Snow warden report.

Salt bin to be moved from adjacent to shed in Pre-school car park to bottom of /near to Barn Park Close. Currently empty so easily moveable.



  1. Replacement of disabled toilet door in Park, and the need for new heaters to be fitted and pir lighting to be checked.

RC advised in hand. Sourcing external fire door

DATEL Electrics-site meeting arranged for Thurs 16th at 12:30. Being asked to price for 3 x heaters-maybe new ones with App so they can be controlled. Also tamper proof. Will check PIR`s at same time


  1. Overhanging tree at the Tremlett Grove play area.

Resident advised that they can remove any branches overhanging their property but resident responsible to get contractor that will ensure no damage to wall.


  1. Memorial bench

RC advised Memorial bench has arrived. Installation to be arranged





  • Carnival Club have requested a 20 foot container be sited on Rec Grnd for storage of equipment. IPPC required to retain land –Peppercorn rent of say £10 per year was suggested . DP to compile rental agreement incl care of ground and maintenance of container
  • DP advised that CCTV camera on end of toilet block has water ingress and requires replacing. RC to source contractror.



  1. To note the date of the next meeting: Tuesday 14th March 2023


There being no further business the meeting closed at: 19:42 hrs