Amenities Mins. April 2023

AmenitiesMinutes Uploaded on April 17, 2023


Cllr R Carnell (RC)-Chair

Cllr D Palethorpe (DP)

Cllr D Burnham (DB)

Cllr B Jerwood (BJ)


The meeting opened at 19:00 hours


  1. The Chairman will open the Meeting and receive apologies.

No apologies received



  1. To declare any interests arising at this meeting and to consider any dispensation requests relating to this meeting.

No interests were declared.


  1. The Council will adjourn for the following items:

Public Question Time: A period of 10 minutes will be allowed for members of the public to ask questions or make comment regarding the work of the Council or other items that affect Ipplepen


  1. The Council will convene to conduct the following business:
  2. Clampitt Rd various work updates and need for survey of the condition of the building.
  • Handrails and new steps started 11.04.23. Hopefully to be completed by end of the week dependant on weather.
  • Building condition survey has been being carried out by Keith Mucklow, House Surveys Devon Limited, -written report to be issued shortly


  1. New allotment water supply.
  • Works completed


  1. Park electric supply.

RC advised works to start Tues 18th April. It was highlighted by RC that Defibrillator cabinets require exchanging. RC will speak with electrical contractor to request quotation


  1. Allotment Inspections

To be arranged


  1. Park container placement agreement.

RC has spoken with Teignbridge Planning who have advised that it will classed as ancillary use. May require certificate of lawfulness going forward. Will await any further developments if they arise. Needs to be painted in colour compatible with environment and surroundings


  1. Tremlett Grove play area – bench
  • Area to be surveyed for best position of concrete slab to site bench on


  1. Disabled toilet door at Rec Ground toilets
  • RC advised repairs in hand


  1. AOB.
  • DP advised that Football club-overhanging trees to be removed due to ash die back.
  • DP advised that the tree /sapling nursery is up and running at the allotment site. Trees kindly donated by Simon Birbeck`s son for growing on and later distribution.
  • DP advised that some cladding on toilet block in park requires re-securing prior to decorating-DP to sort
  • DP advised that Millenium Centre requires building survey/inspection. RC to speak/liaise with Councillor Roger Farrow
  • Football club building requires valuation for insurance policy renewal. RC/DP to enquire with Keith Mucklow, who is currently compiling survey for Clampitt Road toilet building, to ascertain if he would be interested in providing valuation.
  • DB advised that decorating works to the Recreation Ground toilet block are scheduled to commence during week commencing Monday 17 April


  1. To note the date of the next meeting: Tuesday 9th May 2023



There being no further business the meeting closed at: 19:20  hrs